Yesterday, March 7, I went to Robinson’s Ermita to get my NBI Clearance done. I needed to get it because:
- My parents have been nagging about it for how many months now and I’m tired of it,
- So I can travel abroad while I still have all the time in the world and
- For local employment in the future (Oh dear).
As usual, I went there a bit late. Nothing new but I’ve got my reasons for it.
Okay, fine! It took me a long time to fix my hair and do my make up just so I can look good during the picture taking portion of the process. Hahaha! Anyhow, AJ and I were supposed to meet at 4am in Mineski but because I was too concerned about my appearance, I got there at Mineski at 430am instead.
We got to Rob Ermita pretty quick; we were already there by 5am since it’s near our meeting place naman. And to my surprise, there were only 15 of us there waiting for the office to open at 8am. I was expecting that I wouldn’t make the cut. I’m a nervous wreck, what did you expect? But as the time passed by, the line was getting longer. But hey! No worries. Pang 15 ako eh! Hahaha
What to do or bring to kill time?
I would recommend bringing a friend that you haven’t seen for a very long time just so you can talk about the things that you’ve both been doing while you guys were apart. It’s somewhat a bonding experience for the both of you. Haha!
But if you can’t force anyone to accompany you, might as well bring:
- A good book – If there’s a book you’ve been meaning to read and it’s the only free time you have, you might as well take that waiting moment as an opportunity.
- Ipod’s or mp3’s or gaming devices – For those non-book reading geeks, this is an alternative for you.
Well, since I had my friend along with me, there wasn’t a dull moment. So, the long wait was alright.
So, what are the important things you are required to bring to get your NBI Clearance?
- At least 2 valid ID’s,
- A black pen,
- 1×1 and 2×2 pictures of yourself (Just in case!)
- A friendly and positive attitude and
- Of course, Money.
Anyway, the office opened at 8am, we were given numbers outside the mall at around 805am. We were asked to hold on to it until we got the application we needed to fill up. By 825am we were already inside the office. If you don’t get a hit, it will only take you 10 – 20 minutes to get your NBI Clearance. But if you do, an official will give you a date on when to come back and get it.
Steps you’ll have to go through?
- Step 1 – Paying
- Step 2 – Checking your information.
- Step 3 – Finger Printing and Picture taking
- Step 4 – Releasing
Well, unlucky me, I got a hit. When I asked the official why, he didn’t give me an answer. So, I didn’t bother to ask again. I just left there a bit annoyed but it’s all good. I guess that is just how the system works. So yeah, that’s pretty much it!